We are thrilled to announce Switchee has won the “Vulnerable Customer Support” Award at the London Energy Efficiency Awards.
Switchee is uniquely designed for people living in socially rented homes who may be more vulnerable, from the hardware we provide, data insights we provide through to our front line resident support. Here are a few highlights which set Switchee apart from other businesses who entered the category:
- Taking data from thousands of connected homes, the Switchee dashboard gives remote property evaluation tools such as mould risk and fuel poverty warning. Housing Providers are empowered to transform the way they look after their properties and critically provide additional support to vulnerable customers who are at risk of fuel poverty.
- The Switchee Smart Thermostat does not rely WifI to transfer data; rather a GSM connection enabling all residents to benefit from the technology.
- An easy to use, large screen helps those with visual impairments or difficulties with small touch screens.
- A colour background – with shades ranging from Blue (too cold) to bright red (too hot) supports those with a wide range of disabilities and learning difficulties.
- A trusted, secure communications platform. Using the Switchee Communication Hub, Housing Providers can communicate directly with the resident, allowing appointment scheduling, surveys and two messaging to happen via the device.
Switchee Resident Support.
- Expert front line support is always available for all residents. Our dedicated team took in excess of 1,100 calls from vulnerable residents between Jan 2021- 2022. Calls range from troubleshooting heating issues to helping residents understand eligibility for fuel vouchers or the Warm Homes Discount.
- For residents who are unable to set their Switchee Smart Thermostat themselves, our team can remotely set the device to ensure the residents can benefit from a warm, affordable and energy efficient homes.
Tom Robins, Switchee’s CEO commented how delighted he was for business to be recognised for this award: “Improving the quality of life for residents is why we exist. With the exponential rise in energy costs, this award is extremely topical, as sadly it is without doubt we will see even more residents become vulnerable to the impacts which fuel poverty can cause. I’m thrilled for Switchee to be recognised for the support we provide, and I would like to personally thank everyone in the team.”